Searching for that picture perfect moment with the most special woman in your life? Perhaps you’ve run out of gift ideas, especially since women’s day is not your run of the mill celebration, unlike birthdays or anniversaries.
When it comes to International Women’s Day, you don’t have to know this year’s theme, one thing is always constant – today is about empowerment, appreciation and celebration of the contributions that women have given to society in general, to the basic family unit and to the people in their lives.
Imagine how tired your mom gets while taking care of you when you were sick back when you were a child. think back to those moments when she could have turned her back on you and said, You’re an adult now, go take care of yourself but instead she stood by you, listened to your problems and helped you out. consider those times when she barely had enough to make ends meet and she gave you her last $20 bill just because she loves you. It’s all about unconditional love, the kind that only a mother, a woman, can give.
When you’re dreaming up a big surprise like a party or an extravagant gesture designed to sweep your wife or partner off her feet, perhaps you should giving her a gift that keeps on giving – your time. What’s even better than booking a getaway in the middle of the week and spending time in the Alps skiing or on a nearby beach basking under the sun or going on a nature trek in the mountains? These spur of the moment vacations used to be impossible to organize at such short notice before but now they’re just a call away. You can just pick up the phone and book your gift experience right now.
What makes things much easier than it used to be is the onset of online bookings. These days, you can browse through gift ideas online then choose one that fits both your budget and what you had in mind for your sweetheart. The best part about this is that you can do it in the convenience of your office or home and give your partner or your mother the gift she deserves. You can express your love in so many ways so why not start now?
Give like you’ve never given before. Take your mom on your next vacation. nothing says I love you like spending time with her. Plus, you can show her how much you appreciate her love for you and all the sacrifice she’s done for you. Your wife or partner will also thank you for giving her the gift of time. Women prefer quality time spent with them over any other gift or bauble that you can give them. even diamonds are no match for the gift of time. because once you give time, it will remain in your memory forever. You’re not just making that woman in your life happy this Women’s Day, you’re also giving yourself a valuable gift, one that no one could ever take away from you.
Happy International Women’s Day! MTV Clutch loves women, especially when they’re flirting with us–something that doesn’t happen often enough, quite frankly.
There are a myriad indications that a woman is flirting with you: flipping hair, batting eyelashes, reaching for pepper spray. They’ve all got their little way of saying, “Notice me, please, but I don’t want you to notice me noticing you. So just notice me, but not too much because that would be weird.” What we’re saying is, we still find women somewhat confusing.
It’s always nice to notice a pretty lady glancing in your direction and sending you a confusing smile. to brighten your day and celebrate beautiful women, MTV Clutch has collected 10 GIFs of gorgeous female celebrities flirting with you. or, at least, you can pretend you’re making eyes across the bar with them, even if, in reality, you’re sitting in your poorly lit cubicle dreading an afternoon meeting, or cooped up in your mom’s basement. enjoy.
+ Follow MTV Clutch on Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook
- Simplify your life as much as you can.
- Clean out your clutter, your closets, drawers, under your bed, your desk, and even your garage, take the things you aren’t using to Goodwill. get rid of it if you haven’t used it in the last six months.
- Slow down and be aware.
- Take time to eat and sleep.
- Shower with your favorite fragrance soap, warm, soft fluffy robe and relax before getting dressed.
- Eat healthy, exercise and drink water.
- Create a living space and quiet time for meditation, reflection, reading and rest. Listen to your thoughts.
- Set priorities.
- Set goals for yourself. think about what you want in life and what you need to do to make your life the way you want it. Write your goals down.
- Envision your perfect day, use your imagination, If you know what you want and where you want to go its easier to get there.
- Don’t spend money you don’t have
- Don’t focus on things you can’t change. Can you do anything about the stock market? does it change anything if you watch the market ten hours a day? then why watch it?
- Be yourself and allow other to be who they are. when we judge others, we are also judging ourselves. Be authentic.
- Make laughter a priority.
- Create moments of Inspiration and imagination. Be artistic.
- This one is very sounds so easy and is probably the most difficult.take the time to learn to communicate effectively.
- Don’t let people suck your energy
- If you are allowing someone to create anxiety, realize you have choices, you can delete the email and not read it, not answer the phone or chose to not be with that person. Just remember we all have choices.
- Spend time with family, friends, people, animals and things that make you happy
- Every chance you get, kiss and tell your loved ones that you love them.
- When someone compliments you simply say yes thank you
- Communicate with family members on their way to work Occasionally make plans with your children or grandchildren for later in the day.
- Celebrate, birthdays, anniversaries, first days of school, last days of school, anything and everything If you bring good energy into your living space it makes the world a better place. Whatever you think becomes reality and whatever you do you get more of..so CELEBRATE and dance to the music
- Look at my calendar and plan the day. plan something fun to do with a friend and laugh until it hurts
- Play with your neighbors’ children and then surprise them with an ice cream cone. (I love this one)
- Get on the Internet and look for free tickets to go to see Oprah or Ellen or a concert.
- Volunteer to help the candidate you are supporting for President. (great way to meet new people)
- Smile and say hello to 5 people you see today.
- Start attending to your own needs and honor them. Feel your real feelings and you will come to know what is best for yourself.
- Trust yourself and love yourself. create the life you want and the relationships you want. try a guiltless way to live.
- Remember there is no try we either do or we don’t do
A husband, especially in his first year of marriage, is obligated to make his wife happy. This doesn’t seem too hard for a man to do since he just married the woman he loves and who he will spend the entire rest of his life with. In fact, a Jewish man is always supposed to make his wife happy, not only in the first year of marriage, but really for his entire life. The same goes for a wife making her husband happy. She also should do things to make her husband happy like buy him food he likes and make him special dinners. I have come up with a short list of some things a man can do to make his wife happy, including buying her perfume (that is if you haven’t come up with the ideas already yourself).
One nice thing you can do for your wife is to buy her flowers. After a long day of work for both you and your wife, she would least expect for her husband to come home with a bouquet of flowers for her. This would make your wife extremely happy. The element of surprise is also important to a woman. She would be happy to see that her husband came up with a creative idea and a gift that she didn’t suspect to get.
Another nice gift idea for your wife would be dark chocolate. Dark chocolate tends to be a little healthier than milk chocolate. if your wife is trying to watch her weight, but also wants to have something sweet, she would appreciate a bar of dark chocolate after her long day of work, either inside or outside of the house.
Women also love perfume. if you could find your wife a perfume that she likes, like Calvin Kein perfume, she would like it. Calvin Klein perfume may just be her favorite. Calvin Klein now makes some special scents for women, like Euphoria, CK One, and Eternity. These are very classical and feminine scents. Eternity, for example, is a combination of white lily, mandarin, sandalwood, sage, and amber smells. Women like to dress up nicely and some new perfume would make them feel beautiful. you can find perfume at a lot of stores or even buy some online.
Just some other small tips of how you can make your wife happy are by doing the dishes, taking out the trash, and making dinner on occasion. All of these ideas, including the flowers, chocolate, and perfume, will make your wife extremely happy and enhance the happiness of your marriage.
An international marriage can be a great thing, but it can also be a new experience, and one that can be very stressful. In this article I want to share with you a few tips that you can use to make sure that your international marriage is everything that you want it to be.
A marriage is a binding agreement to take care of one another, and also to live with peace and love in your hearts. However, it seems that very few marriages these days make it to that point. With that said, what are some ways that we can ensure a happy marriage?
Many men and women enter a marriage with false expectations, thinking that love alone can bring you through anything. While love is certainly a powerful emotion that is essential for a successful and caring marriage, other factors must exist in order to get the most out of your marriage.
The number one component of a successful marriage is communication. With international marriages, this topic takes on a whole new meaning because of the language barrier issue. In order for a marriage to work, one partner needs to become fluent in the other partners language. without a common medium to use for communication, a marriage is bound to be constructed on sand, and the first whirlwind will just blow it down.
Solid communication skills will allow the marriage to be built on rock, which is essential for any marriage, especially one where two different cultures meet. In addition to communication, trust is a huge issue in international marriage. sometimes women who marry a man they met online often wonder if these men are now trying to meet other women. this is a legitimate concern, and you need to shower your bride with love, affection, and complete transparency to show her that you are committed to her, and only her. If you are able to do this, then you will have a successful marriage.
You also need to be honest in your communications at the outset. New laws are in place that guarantee that women receive personal information about you before you can apply for the fianc visa. this law is called the International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act IMBRA. and is designed to protect foreign women from less than reputable men. Of course, that probably doesn’t apply to you so you should have nothing to hide.
But even beyond that level of honesty you must be honest in your desires and dreams for the future. How many children to you want or how many times you expect to have sex a month are important topics. And do you expect your new bride to find a job or become a stay at home mom. these are all important issues that need to be talked about before entering into a successful marriage.
Most people will never experience the potential pitfalls of an international marriage. However, an international marriage can be a great thing, and provides the opportunity for unique and exciting challenges. The benefits are great, such as travel to foreign countries, and the ability to incorporate multiple traditions into the holiday season.
To make sure that your international marriage is a success, remember to love, cherish, and encourage your bride. In addition remember to keep communication lines open, and always make sure that you are doing what you need to do so that she loves and trusts you unconditionally.
NEW YORK, Feb. 27, 2012 —
NEW YORK, Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, today announced plans to celebrate International Women’s Day with a global agenda comprised of nearly 50 client and employee initiatives around the world in 48 cities from New York and Beijing to Brussels and Rio de Janeiro.
The celebration will feature prominent speakers from government and financial services, as well as community volunteer events. Highlights of the global initiative will include:
- Australia – International Women’s Day clothing drive, benefitting Dress for Success;
- Edinburgh, Scotland – International Women’s Day networking event with the U.S. Consulate;
- Johannesburg, South Africa – Networking events with clients; and
- Wroclaw, Poland – Wellbeing educational sessions.
“There are hundreds of people across our company – both men and women – who are actively engaged in leading events or participating in International Women’s Day,” said Karen Peetz, BNY Mellon Vice Chairman and CEO of Financial Markets and Treasury Services. “Designed for our employees and our clients, this far-reaching initiative helps us continue to drive success through diversity and inclusion.” Peetz, named the most Powerful Woman on Wall Street by American Banker magazine, is the founder and chairman of the company’s Women’s Initiatives Network which has more than 40 chapters throughout the world.
International Women’s Day has been observed since the early 1900s, and each year, early in March, events are held throughout the world to inspire women and to celebrate their achievements, with the active support of companies like BNY Mellon.
“The 2012 theme for International Women’s Day – ‘Connecting Girls, Inspiring Futures’ – is aligned with BNY Mellon’s focus on the long-term development of our employees. We also hope it helps inspire women and girls in the communities where we do business,” said Sheena Wilson, BNY Mellon’s global head of talent strategy.
To learn more about BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit bnymellon.com/diversity.
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, offering superior investment management and investment services through a worldwide client-focused team. it has $25.8 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $1.26 trillion in assets under management, services $11.8 trillion in outstanding debt and processes global payments averaging $1.5 trillion per day. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of the Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available at bnymellon.com or follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon.