Benefits of Mobile Marketing
Christine owns a small clothing store here in Las Vegas. She gets some foot traffic, but is located in a strip mall that is not on a major road. She did some advertising in the local paper, tried the coupon books that would give a potential customer 20% off their purchase, and finally started gathering emails to send to customers to get them back in the store.
She was struggling to bring in more business. After starting to send emails, she realized that the only way to increase sales was to go mobile when was the last time you looked in the phone book? I can’t remember either. everybody is online, everything is digital, everything is mobile There are so many no-brainer reasons to market a small business by going mobile that you can’t afford not to do it.
In this article, I will discuss some of the many benefits of marketing your business in this way. After reading this, the realization that you have been missing out on potential customers all this time will have you running to the nearest business that can help you set all this up. And it will be the best thing you could have ever done to increase sales
Here are the top five reasons why mobile marketing is the best way to market your business
1. it is estimated that as of 2011-2012, there are 4.5 billion mobile phones in use. This gives mobile marketing the widest access to potential clients of any channel out there. it is also a personal way to seek out new or existing business.
2. Mobile Marketing is THE hot trend right now. More and more companies are jumping on the bandwagon and it is paying off for them. if you have no mobile presence, guess what? More business for your competitors.
3. People have easy access to their phones. They can always receive their texts and emails at a moment’s notice by having their smartphone nearby. if they are looking for a deal, your coupon or text will show up instantly on their mobile phone. Mobile marketing is so much more efficient and convenient than waiting for them to access their PC.
4. it is estimated that the mobile web is going to overtake the desktop in the next 3 years or so. it is growing at a rapid pace, faster than the desktop did. Very soon, most visitors to your website will be viewing it on a mobile device. if you’re going to take advantage of mobile marketing, it’s very important to have your website optimized so that smartphone users can easily view it
5. Social media marketing is no longer an option, it is a necessity Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are excellent ways to market your business. You are not selling your products or services in the traditional sense, you’re developing relationships within communities. if people feel you are part of their community, they will support you and recommend you to their friends. This is word-of-mouth marketing on a whole new level
So as you can see, mobile marketing is not the wave of the future – the future is NOW
Every day people are interacting and sharing information online at a staggering pace. This is great news for small businesses, there has never been a better way to develop relationships with customers then mobile marketing
Jump into the game and get started with mobile marketing, and you will see positive changes begin to happen in your business. In my next article, I will go into more detail about social media marketing and management, and the benefits that you will see by using this avenue for your mobile marketing strategy.